Step-Up Training Plans
Whether you’re training for your first race or trying to improve your time, we have a training plan for you. These plans, designed by Zone Sports Physiotherapy, incorporate stretching, strength training and running. Even if you’re not a runner now, the beginner program will gradually build your endurance so that you’re ready to run 5K or 10K come October.
Although the training plans show specific dates, you can adapt them to what works for you.
Still have questions? Join the Step Up Virtual Run Club on Facebook for ongoing support and encouragement.
- My first 5K: A week-by-week plan for participants tackling their first 5K.
- 5K training program: A week-by-week plan for runners seeking to improve their 5K results.
- My first 10K: A week-by-week plan for participants tackling their first 10K.
- 10K training program: A week-by-week plan for runners seeking to improve their 10K results.
Stretching and Strength Training
- Gentle stretch routine: This stretching routine for post-exercise will aid your recovery, mobility and injury prevention.
- Strength training 1: This video series outlines some strength-building exercises.
- Strength training 2: More videos to help you build strength.
- Body weight routine 1: Use your own body weight to strengthen core muscles and more.
- Body weight routine 2: More body weight exercises to help build strength.
- Running drills: These drills help develop strength, form and running economy.